Recommend it

Aug 19, 2010

Pineapple Pachadi


Ingredients:
Ripe pineapple - 2 cups (chopped)
Green chillies - 2 (slit)
Salt (to taste)
Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp. (crushed)
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Yogurt - 1/2 to 3/4 cup

For seasoning:
Oil
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
Whole red chillies - 3
Curry leaves - few



Method:
Add pineapple pieces (I used the canned ones), salt, green chillies and required water in pan. Cook till pineapple becomes tender.
Meanwhile in another pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds splutter, add red chillies and curry leaves. Keep aside.
Grind coconut and cumin seeds into a paste by adding little water. Add this paste, turmeric powder and crushed mustard seeds to the tender pineapple (At this stage, the pineapple should not be totally dry and it should have at least a little water such as 2 tbsp. in the pan). Simmer and bring it to a boil. Stir gently in between. Remove from heat. Pour yogurt and the seasoning over the pineapple and mix well. Serve as a side dish for rice.

Sent off to Yasmeen's "Health Nut Challenge 7: Tropical Temptations" event.

16 Bites:

Nice pachadi..love your presentation!

I can feel the taste just by looking at it...Wow! I love pineapple, I love coconut and I love this pachadi :-)

yummy click !! Looks easy and delicious !!

Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com

Love pineapple pachadi..looks so yummy.

wow pachadi looks so inviting ...very new to me ...thanks for sharing dear

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Looks very nice nandini. the blend of pineapple and yogurt is delicious.

love pineapple..that looks delicious.

Yummy one, looks tempting and delicious.

delicious mouth watering pachadi.

Slurppp, fingerlicking pachadi, looks awesome..

Love this ..this is the second time today that I'm coming across this pachadi..:-)Got to make this for my Onam feast on Sunday :-)

i love this very much...nice presentation and click dear!

this really looks inviting......Beautifully presented also
Deepa

Hamaree Rasoi

wow, that looks delicious. I hope your recipe goes well on the Heath Nut Challenge