Today, I cut my finger while opening a can of condensed milk and the scratch was so deep. After a while, I gradually recovered but the horrible pain still refused to vanish. So my husband took in charge of the kitchen and for lunch and one of the goodies he made are these fried yams. Being curious, I asked him what the ingredients and their measurements were. But to my dismay, he only gave the ingredients and said that he didn't measure them. So I renounced pestering him for estimating the measurements (For my blog's sake, I'm always armed with spoons and cups and generally I don't do so for a normal cooking). Here's the recipe though.
Slice the yam in desired shape. Steam and cool them. In a bowl, add gram flour/besan, corn flour, red chilli powder, salt and a dash of baking soda. Make a thick batter out of the ingredients. Dip the yam in the batter and deep fry them. Serve as a snack for tea time.







12 Bites:
nice recipe...
A Silent Silence : Raah Badal Jaande Ne..(राह बदल जांदे ने..)
Banned Area News : Spain is world leader in organ transplants
Wow!! that looks yummy dear!!!
really yummy yummy...
<a href="http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com> http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com </a>
Take care..fried yam looks very delicious..kudos to ur hubby..
These yams look soo crispy n delicious
simply mouthwatering!!
how are you now? hope better ! yam looks yummy!
Very nice and love it.. it will taste sweet rite bcoz of yam?
Dear Nandini
I was away , and could not rad most postings.
SO you cut your finger while opening a condensed milk can? You are lucky...there is a proverb " if any one cuts her finger while opening condensed milk can, is lucky in love". And see how true it is...your hubby made this delicious dish for you :-) (just joking, fingers are the most sensitive part of the body and it really hurts the most , even when one takes a prick to give a drop of blood at the lab)
This yam fry reminds me of childhood days....but my Mom used to boil it with a bit of tamarind because the most local yam in orissa / bengal can give a bad allergic reaction to some people ..so we always look for " Madras Yam". But that little sour note was divine...
Off to the market to get some Yam
Have a nice week ahead
so easy and so yummy..
Fried Yam looks terrific. Excellent preparation.
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi
simply delicious ...so sweet of ur DH ,n i must say u r very lucky dear...hope noe ur finger is fully recovered
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com
Post a Comment