Recommend it

Aug 24, 2010

Eggless Condensed Milk Cake (T&T-My Diverse Kitchen)




I have three reasons to love this cake. One, all the ingredients were easily available in the local market. Second, there are no complicated steps and lastly, the cake was fluffy and soft and tasted divine like those goodies in bakeries. Thanks Aparna!
Here is the original recipe.
Ingredients:
All purpose flour - 2 1/2 cups
Condensed milk - 1 can (400gm)
Orange juice - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp.
Baking soda - 1 tsp.
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp.
Melted butter - 3/4 cup


Method:
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients. Make a well  in the centre of flour and pour the blended wet ingredients and mix. Grease and flour the 9" cake pan or bundt pan (I used bundt cake pan). Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake in a preheated oven  at 190°C for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a rack. Enjoy the sliced cakes.
Note: If you are using unsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp of salt to the melted butter.
Sent off to Zlamushka's "T&T-My Diverse Kitchen" hosted by Srivalli and run by Lakshmi.

16 Bites:

Fabulous looking and tempting cake, feel like grabbing some loaves..

Cake looks lovely! I bet it was delicious because nothing with condensed milk in it can taste otherwise! :)

cake looks delicious ..i also bookmarked this recipe from aparna's blog :)

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Excellent looking mouthwatering cake. Thanks for sharing therecipe.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

oh this looks perfect and tasty!!

Very lovely pic, and tempting cake...

Good to know you got a great texture with this cake and liked it too.
Thanks for trying out my recipe.

The cake looks delicious and just perfect !

Thanks for the lovely entry!..looks very moist..

Hello everyone I'm a 22 year old female...I was looking for an eggless recipe to share with my family because some do not eat eggs....so I was hesitant to try this out because iv heard eggless cakes hav a crumbly texture n other problems...well I'm not sure about other cakes but this cake was amazing!!! It's very fool proof follow the directions n you will be fine I baked mine until it was a golden brown on top.after taking it out of the oven I put it in the fridge to cool while I made an Orange infused glaze! I glazed the cake n sliced it my family loves it a lot so did the kids I will deff make it again n try adding diff things to it n c how it goes...don't be scared to try this recipe!