
Methi Gota is a Gujarati snack. It is best to have it with ginger tea.
Ingredients:
Gram flour - 2 cups
Fenugreek (methi) leaves - 2 cups
Semolina (rava)- 3 tbsp.
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp. (crushed coarsely)
Baking soda - ½ tsp.
Black pepper - 1 tsp.
Yogurt - ½ cup
Coriander leaves (a handful) - chopped
Ginger - chili paste - 1 tbsp.
Salt (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)
Hot oil - 2 tbsp.
Oil (for frying)
Method:
Mix all the ingredients in the gram flour except oil.
Add 2 tbsp. of hot oil and prepare a batter of thick consistency (if required add little water).
Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the batter in small rounds.
Fry until they are golden brown (fry in medium flame to ensure that the inside gets cooked thoroughly).
Drain on paper towels and serve with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
RC
Sent off to 'WYF: Tea Time Snack' event.






24 Bites:
Sounds very interesting,surely must be delicious to have as well..
I tried making this once,but turned out bitter..so never felt like making it again...but I baked it instead of deep frying them...Might be deep frying will reduce the bitterness..
Quite an interesting snacks...looks like medhu bonda..yumm!
You have fried them a nice color.. I guess the whole trick is the color and texture of these fried goodies.. thanks for sharing.
What a coincidence,in the morning only I was remembering this, just love them, should make myself soon.
different snack...looks yummy
Looks great Nandini!!
Looks so crisp and yumm Nandini... never had this... sounds delicious..
Looks so good, nice one.
Gota looks so crispy n delicious. Great idea for a tea time snack.
It looks like Medu bonda we get in tamil Nadu! Now u re tempting very badly for this one!
Interesting one..looks delicious
Sounds yumm and a yummy tea time snack...
wwow, the crispies look too gud..perfect anytime and not just tea time
Thats a delicious snack...so tempting.
That sounds wonderful ..looks yummy too..
Never heard of it...but sounds interesting, love anyhting spicy and crisp with tea. Too good.
Its new snack to me..sounds gr8 & looks tempting usha..will try this for sure..:)Thanks for sharing a new recipe.
Lovely Mehi fritters...Loks quiet tempting
Looks lovely..nice way to add methi to regular food..thanks for the entry
Metho Gota is one of my favorites nandini, never miss them when we visit rajasthan or gujarat :-)
Dear Nandini
I have eaten this before but had no idea about the detailed making process , now I think I will give a try..Thanks for sharing and have a nice day
Nice snack when raining with a hot cup of tea.
wow! looks so delicious!!
Post a Comment