Ingredients:
Raw rice - 1 cup
Idli rice - 1 cup
Urad dal - ¼ cup
Pistachios - ¼ cup
Onion - 2 (medium-chopped finely)
Green chilies - 2 (deseeded & chopped)
Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp.
Urad dal - ¼ tsp.
Curry leaves - 4 to 5 (torn)
Asafetida - 2 inches
Salt (to taste)
Oil
Coconut grated (optional-didn’t add)
Method:
Soak rices and urad dal for at least 4 hours.
Grind them.
Add salt and ferment for 8 hours.
After fermentation:
Soak pista in water for at least 30 minutes. Remove the skin and keep aside.
Heat ½ tbsp. oil and add the mustard and urad dal. When the mustard splutters, add the onions.
When the onions are translucent add the green chilies, curry leaves, asafetida and sauté for a few seconds.
Remove from heat and add this to the batter.
Also add the coriander leaves and pistachios. Mix well.
Now heat the paniyaram mould and add a little oil in every hole.
Add the batter in every hole and let it cook on one side till it turns a golden color.
Turn on the other side with a skewer and cook till it becomes golden color.
Serve hot or warm with a favorite chutney.
Sent off to Srilekha's "EFM-Variety Rice Series" event.








27 Bites:
Wonderful pictures and a great recipe..
Nice looking paniyaram and addition of pista is new :)
Nice looking paniyaram and addition of pista is new :)
yummy recipe...nice click
Lovely paniyarams..my fav too..Yours look yum as always!
yummy looking paniyaram...we to do it the same way dear....pics are too good.
Delicious paniyaram... love this with coconut chutney... nice addition of pista...
love this...never thought of adding pistachios...:-)
Superaa irruku Paniyaram UN...rendu intha pakkama uruti vidunga..
Beautiful pictures .. and your recipe look soo delicious
thank you for sharing your recipe
Have a wonderful day ...
this is my favouritem,looks so nice and a nice click too...
Dear,
I know, you're a Great cook and I adore you blog.
I am hosting an Event in my site about Kitchen Mishaps!
Please check it out:
http://www.kitchentantra.com/2009/12/kitchen-mishaps-event-announcement.html
Would you like to participate?
I will greatly appreciate your contribution.
Thanks
Malar Gandhi
www.kitchentantra.com
I tried these once,was so yumm.Looks gorgeous and perfect in shapes...
Lovely cute snack.
Oh that brings back all nostalgic memories...my mom used to make them, Now..I can make but my paniyaram is in CA..till then I will drool at ur pictures. this looks super delicious, my friend. Want to have a bite:)
Last week I finnished the dosa batter by making paniyaram! Good one!
My!My!Delicious..This makes me want to buy Paniyaram pans
great pics...they looks super yummy and perfect..
This looks yummy
Dear Nandini
The recipe looks tasty. I need to learn more on the Paniyaram when I decide to try it.
Have a nice weekend ahead
All these lovely pictures makes me hungry :)
Kuzhi paniyaram looks great.....Nice clicks....
Nice recipe.. Hi friend this is vijay here.. ur doing a really good job.. can we exchange links..
Crispy, Golden and fluffy. I can enjoy the whole platter!
Eye catching paniyarams,loves it
this one of my most favourite recipes... love the click too...
yummy looking paniyaram...we to do it the same way dear....pics are too good.
Post a Comment