Ingredients:
Spinach - 2 cups (chopped)
Black Gram - 1 cup (dehusked)
Bengal gram - 1 cup
shallots - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Coconut flakes - 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp. (chopped)
Salt
Oil (for deep frying)
To Grind:
Peppercorn - 1tsp
Green chillies - 1
Ginger - 1 inch
Method:
Soak bengal gram and black gram for an hour.
Grind them coarsely by adding little water.
Grind pepper, green chilies & ginger without adding water.
In a mixing bowl, add the batter, green chili paste, shallots, spinach, salt, coriander leaves & coconut flakes and mix well.
In a deep kadai, heat the oil.
Take a ball from the batter, flatten them and make a hole with finger.
Deep fry the vadas till they turn golden color.
Continue with the remaining batter.
Enjoy it with coconut chutney.
Note:
It's good to eat when the vadas are warm.







29 Bites:
yummy vadai..looks perfect
Rendu vadaiya ippadi urutti vidunga UN..paathathume pasikuthu, even after having my lunch..
Oh Wow..The fritters lokos so crispy and delicous..I would like to have this heavenly food
Hi UN, how are u doing? I am still waiting for ur call, may be some day...
The vadai looks so good, perfect evening snack, I just need a cool drink with that. :-)
Spinach vadai looks soooo healthy and crispy...
I love this vadai nandini,used to eat it in childhood days near by a known person's dhaba.So much tempting n an inviting click.
wow nice twist to the usual vadas, looks delicious...adding spinach must be very tasty...
WOW perfect crispy vada...my mouth is watering,i am not kidding............
nice click..looks superb!!! i m hungry for some now...
Vadai looks so tempting and crispy
Vadai looks crispy, yummy and tempting. Wonderful presentation.
Keerai vadai looks very crispy and Yummy. Drooling.
Such a long time i didn't made vadais! Good one!
Wow looks so tempting vadas...
feeling like to have rite now...
Nice recipe Nandini, from the ingredient list I could imagine how good it will taste.
This vadai mixed with both dhals is new to me Nandini...looks awesome, vadais have come out well and crispy :)
Superb..Shall I come over for tea..lol..
Looks so crispy and also very healthy.
The vadais look crispy and fabulous!
Crispy vadais! Is breakfast time now I suddenly want to have vada sambhar :)
vada looks perfect and nice combo with coconut chutney!
Yummy vadas, looks crisy and yummy.
Perfect vadas .I feel like have some
I an gobble these up in no time :)
Keerai vadai looks so lovely dear. Planning to make some soon.
They turned out really crispy !! Nice idea of adding spinach !!
im a big fan of vadais...bt never i can make this shape;.. :(
this looks superb...i just came across ur blog and im so happy that i did it..superb snap.. :)
haiii nandini.. vadai looks so yummy ..great... pls visit my site when you have time.
Nandini vadai look so gorgeous..should be yumm w/ chutney..
Post a Comment