I tried this cake today morning when I saw this cake made by the Aparna of ’My Diverse Kitchen‘. Although, she posted on New Year’s day, I checked out this Monday. In my kitchen pantry, the dates and walnuts were waiting to be cooked . My family loved it very much.
Ingredients:
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Dates - 1 cup (pitted & chopped)
Walnut - ½ cup (chopped)
Egg - 1 (lightly beaten)
Boiling hot water - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp.
Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp.
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp.
Butter - 1 tbsp. (melted)
Sugar (granulated) - 1 cup (firmly packed)
Method:
In a big mixing bowl add the chopped dates. Sprinkle the baking soda over the dates and add the boiling water.
Keep it aside for 30 minutes or till the water cools down. This process is to soften the dates.
Stir in the egg, butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
Sift all purpose flour and baking powder.
Combine this to the date mixture along with walnuts.
Mix gently till all are combined.
Grease and flour the 7“ round cake pan or loaf pan (I used the loaf pan).
Spoon the batter in the pan.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Cool in a wire rack.
Slice and enjoy.
Sent off to Divya's "Show Me Your Cake" event and Saraswathi's "Cakes & Cookies" event.







.png)
29 Bites:
Lovely cake...looks very soft and fluffy
yummy cake...
Wow my fav cake...Simply superb and delicious....
oh my........dear lovely walnut&date dear......I wanna have one.no..no..few slices from there dear...
Simply superb dea..!! love to have a piece now...
Very lovely cake. It has come out perfect for you Usha. Bookmarking this cake .
Beautiful loaf actually:)....so soft and perfect one!!!
Loooooooooooooooks so yummy...
Perfectly baked, looks outstanding.
Fab start of yummy cake for new year N, looks delicious. Happy 2010 to both of you. Enjoy there! :))
Beautiful loaf UN..date & walnut wat a fantastic combination...yummm!!
looks delicious.. I too saw it on Aparna's blog and was thinking of making a dates-free version!
Super and Ultra yummy looking cake!Would like to finish rite now.
Thank u so much for the wishes usha.:)
I like this quick bread- quiet a popular combo!
Wonderful cake...walnut and dates is a delectable combo...
awesome cake - love it...
Looks delicious! I would love a piece of this bread right now!
Delicious loaf..gimme a piece naa
I am sure you are all enjoying it I would.
Wow...that's an gorgeous loaf...
Cake looks awesome!
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/
wow!yummyy delicious cake.tempting indeed !
Wow!!! Nandini, cake w/ 1 egg and 1 tbsp butter...and 1 cup sugar for 2 cups flour..should really give it a try and see...U inspire me to try this healthy version..and all the more good with fibre filled dates and HDL rich walnuts..
baking spree huh?simple and flavourful
Lovely cake!
That's a wise combo dear looks so tempting n subtle.I would like to grab them from the platter right away.
Perfect cake,want to taste
I too saw this cake on Aparna's blog and wanted to try it :-) Love your pictures..looks very very tempting!!
Simple Recipe with Delightful pictures.
Post a Comment