Recommend it

Sep 3, 2009

Vegetable Soup

This soup contains a lot of mixed vegetables. I grabbed whatever vegetable was there in the refrigerator-Carrot, beans, green peas, yellow pumpkin and red capsicum. Adding capsicums in this soup give a sweet taste. It's a very easy and a simple soup to make. I didn't fry or roast any veggies. I just directly boiled them.



Ingredients:
Yellow pumpkin - 1/3 cup
Green peas - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 2 (medium-sliced)
Beans - 5 to 7 (cut into pieces)
Red capsicum - 1/2 (diced)
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Salt (as per taste)
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp (coarsely crushed)

Method:
Boil all the veggies in a vessel and cover it with a lid.
When it is half-boiled, add the salt.
When the veggies are boiled, cool it.
Blend them in a blender.
Again boil them.
Meanwhile mix cornflour in little water without any lumps.
Add it to the soup and stir.
Then add butter and stir.
Now remove from the heat and add the pepper powder.

This is sent off to Sireesha's "Soup 'n' juice" event.

16 Bites:

Thats a nice way of having all the vegetables...very healthy and looks delicious...

Soup looks lovely nandini, never used pumpkin in soups, another way to enjoy this yummy veggie :)

Simple, easy but yet a delicious soup Usha..

Wow! Looks declicious!! helathy too..

Healthy soup... looks yumm ...

Pumpkin should bring an extra flavor! Lovely soup!

Soup looks creamy rich and comforting! Makes a great healthy meal with a slice of bread!

Soup looks simply delicious..cant wait to try it out...

Quick, simple and delicious.... lovely recipe :)

Soup looks creamy dear.. delicious!

soup look yumm..love the color

yummy and full of nutritions :)

I had once and I loved it...yours looks just the same as in tht place...yummy

Hmm, new to me.interesting !