Recommend it

Jan 22, 2010

Thai Vegetable Red Curry

Thai Red Curry



















Ingredients:
Baby corns - 3 (pieces)
Small brinjals - 2 (diced)
Broccoli florets - From a medium bunch
Mushrooms - 10 (sliced)
Bamboo shoots - ¼ cup (optional)
Red curry paste - 5 tbsp.
Coconut milk - 2 cup
Soya sauce - ½ tsp.
Basil leaves - 10 (chopped)
Oil
Salt (to taste)
Brown sugar - 1/2 tsp.
Corn flour - 1 tbsp.

Method:
Obviously I didn’t add brinjal and bamboo shoots.
Heat oil and add the red curry paste and fry for 5 minutes in low flame or till oil separates.
Add ¼ cup of coconut milk and vegetables. Cooks for 2 minutes.
Add the remaining coconut milk, soy sauce & chopped basil leaves.
Cover and cook the vegetables in low flame until they become tender.
Add salt & sugar to taste.
Mix corn flour with water and add it.
Mix well. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
Adapted from Nita Mehta’s Book.
Note: Adjust( reduce) the red curry paste according to your taste.

Red Curry Paste
Got it from here.


















Ingredients:
Onion - ¼ cup (chopped)
Lemon grass - 1 stalk (minced)
Kashmiri red chilies - 1 (BIG-chopped)
Garlic - 4 cloves
Galangal - 1 (thumb-size)
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp.
Cumin powder - ½ tbsp.
Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
White pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Fish sauce -3 tbsp. (or) Soy sauce - 4 tbsp. (I added soy sauce)
Shrimp paste -1 tsp. (didn’t add)
Sugar - 1 tsp.
Regular chili powder - 2 tbsp. (I added 1 tbsp. chili powder + 1 tbsp. kashmiri red chili)
Coconut milk - ¼ cup
Lime juice - 1 tbsp.
Kaffir lime leaves - 1

Method:
Blend all the ingredients into a paste.
Place it in a container in the refrigerator up to a week and freeze thereafter.

Note:
I used Kashmiri red chilies. Thai red chilies are extremely small and cute. You can use them if you want to.

27 Bites:

Thats a eyecatching vegetable thai curry, yumm..makes me hungry UN..

Really sooooo colourful....

wow...........lovely color dear......thank you for sharing this lovely recipe.

I am drooling all over the laptop. Great color, photos and what a delicious thing to have. Good job N.

Oh wow!!! Love the color....Looks fabulously yummy dea..Nice click as always...

very attractive colour and delicious recipe as well

What gorgeous red color nandini!!

Really colourful dish..thanks for sharing..

cheers and njoy the weekend..

Wow!!! The curry looks gorgeous :)

Curry looks yummy Nandani..and thanx for that Thai red curry paste!!!!

That is a great lookign thai curry, Nandini!

wooooooooooo ...what a colour and what a snap, looks like its piercing out of the screen :) too good and yummy..I am bookmarking this one!!!!

wow...what a color...Looks too good. :-) Grt job Usha !

Love that red colour ... nice dish .. looks so tempting Nandini.

Know what when I stepped in here looking at your post and pic all I could say was wow... the color is simply amazing and the dish is so provoking too!!!

Wow...thats a spicy and fiery sauce...looks so tasty and attractive...thanks for sharing the red curry paste Nandini...I wanted to try that for quite sometime...will try yours now :)

looks delectable and tempting..

So vibrant..We love thai food and pad thai or tom yum soup is quite common at ours..Will surely warm up the insides during winters!

www.ruchikacooks.com

Love the vibrant color u achieved it! Delicious curry!

Thats a marvelous creation...love thai food'...thats so pretty looking curry:)

wat a lovely dish..I love the way u spilt it up..the colour is oh so gorgeous.

i m goin to try this soon..awesome chicken curry