Recommend it

Jan 24, 2010

Stuffed Brinjal Fry






















Ingredients:
Brinjals - 6
Small onions - ½ cup
Garlic - 2 cloves
Ginger - 1 inch
Tomatoes - 1 (big)
Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp.
Cardamom - 1
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Cloves - 2
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp.
Salt
Oil
Chili powder - 2 tsp.
Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
Curry leaves - few

Method:
Dry roast the sesame seeds and keep aside.
In a blender or food processor add the small onion, garlic, ginger, quartered tomatoes, fennel seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, salt, roasted sesame seeds and blend them into a paste (without water).
Make four incisions perpendicular (X) from the base of each brinjal and the stem end should be intact.
Stuff each brinjal with required ground paste without breaking the brinjal.
Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai and add the brinjals one by one.
Stir for 2 minutes gently.
Now add the remaining ground paste and start to fry in low medium flame.
Cover with a lid and stir intermittently.
When the brinjals are cooked add the curry leaves and mix.
Remove from heat and serve with rice.
Variation:  First saute the ground paste till the raw smell fades. Then stuff them in the brinjal and add the remaining  at the final stage. Make sure there is no raw smell.

Sent off to Priya's "Cooking with Sesame Seeds" event.

16 Bites:

Fry looks delicious! Yumm!

Wow I am drooling seeing the platter.. so so tempting.

Wow Nandini...thats an awfully tempting picture....the brinjals looks too tasty :)

Wow...yummy brinjal fry. Pic makes me drool, looks delicious.

Delicious and one of my fav curry.

Wow!!! Thats one big delicious platter...Yummyyyyy

That looks so delicious! I love eggplants but I've never cooked them this way before, it sounds very interesting. I believe it must be very yummy with some hot steamed rice, Mmm!!!

wow thats a very nice click, looks very tempting...

nice brinjal fry...looks delicious!!

Omg, wat a tempting click UN..just love this stuffed brinjal, thanks for sending to CWS..

I love stuffed brinjal and this looks absolutely mouthwatering :)

This looks so good, the fennel and sesame will make the gravy more flavourful.

Slurp!!! Just ship it to me, I am hungry now!!!!!!