Recommend it

Jan 25, 2010

Flax & Sesame Seeds Burfi

The original recipe actually goes for a cup of sesame seeds but I substituted half a cup with flax seeds.

























Ingredients:
Sesame seeds (white) - ½ cup
Flax seeds - ½ cup
Jaggery (gud) - 1 cup (powdered)
Sweetened condensed milk - 1 can (400gm)
Milk powder - ½ cup
Butter (to grease the plate)

Method:
Dry roast the flax seeds and sesame seeds separately. Powder them coarsely.
Melt the jaggery by adding 2 tbsp. of water on the stove.
Now mix every ingredients except butter in a microwave safe dish.
Microwave for 3 minutes.
Remove and mix well.
Again microwave for 3 minutes.
Remove when it starts to bubble.
Stir fry till it becomes thick.
Spread the mixture on the greased plate.
Cut into desired shape when warm.
Remove from plate when the burfi is completely cool.
Enjoy the chewy burfi.


Sent off to Priya's "Cooking With Seeds" event.

23 Bites:

Excellent Usha, I am in love with Flax seeds too. Burfi is prefect.

Thats a very innovative burfi Usha!!

THats an interesting combo of burfi:) Healthy for sure:)

Delicious Burfi's and really innovative...

WOww am speechless, wat a healthy burfi..looks very yummyy...

Healthy and delicious burfi...

excellent click,looks so perfect and yummy

Nice healthy burfies dear..i started using flax seeds in most of my cooking....

That is absolutely wonderful! Nice way to sneak in flax into the family's diet :)

Very new and healthy burfi. Loved that color.

Awesome....Another unique recipe from you, Usha and thanks for this !!

excellent click...burfi looks simply superb!!!

what a healthy way to eat a burfi. came out perfect and looks toooo tempting :)

Creative burfi..lov burfirs but never used flax seeds till now..Been seeing alot of recipes with flax seeds, guess I should try this..

www.ruchikacooks.com

Very interesting recipe...and healthy too.

Interesting burfi- should be great!

Love it!I am craving for that now..

This is a very healthy and innovative dessert Usha...I have bookmarked this to try it this weekend...thanks for sharing this awesome burfi :)

Burfi looks great .I love sesame seeds very much.
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

Wow very innovative burfi dear!

WOOOOO!!! they looks soooo heavenly and divine..very tempting burfi!!

Healthy one, looks yummy. Nice picture.