Recommend it

Nov 7, 2009

Godhuma Rava Veg. Upma


Ingredients:
Cracked wheat - ½ kg.
Onion - 2 (chopped)
Ginger - 2 inches (chopped)
Dry red chilies - 4
Chana dal - 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds - ½ tsp.
Urad dal - ½ tsp.
Green beans - 1/3 cup (cut into pieces)
Carrot - 1/3 cup (cut into pieces)
Green peas - 1/3 cup
Salt
Oil
Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
Curry leaves - 19
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp.
Water - 5 cups

Method:
1. Dry roast the broken wheat till they turn into a light red color without burning.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal & chana dal.
3. Add onions, curry leaves and fry till they become light golden color.
4. Add ginger and dry chilies.
5. Add carrot, green beans & peas and mix well.
6. After 2 minutes add water.
7. When the water starts to boil, add turmeric powder and salt.
8. Add the roasted rava and mix well.
9. Cover and cook. Finally add the coriander leaves.
10. Enjoy with sambar.

10 Bites:

Healthy and yummy upma....

I do it almost the same way..urs looks delicious too...

Yummy upma..I am not fan of upma..( but Ur looks lovely and gr8.

I love this upma...My grandmother used to prepare this for us..healthy and yumm :-)

Healthy and delicious upma... I just love this :)

Hmmm delicious and healthy upma...perfect breakfast!

Healthy veg upma Nandini!! looks prefect..