Recommend it

Feb 24, 2011

Khamang Kakdi/Kaakdi (Cucumber Salad)


Khamang Kakdi/Kaakdi is a Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad. I enjoyed the flavours of the salad while preparing and eating. The recipe goes for grating the cucumber and squeeze out the water. For our own convenience, I diced them and didn't extract the water. Also, instead of chopping the green chillies, I had slit them into halves. For me, it's always better to prepare other ingredients early and then chop the cucumber.

Ingredients:
Cucumber - 2 (peeled & chopped)
Peanuts - 2 tbsp. (roasted, peeled & coarsely crushed)
Green chillies - 3 (slit)
Fresh coconut (grated) - 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves - few (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
Sugar - 3/4 tsp. (or as per taste)
Lemon juice - from half a lemon

Tempering:
Oil - 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida powder - a pinch

Method:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Temper the given ingredients and pour in the salad. Mix well.
Serve immediately. (or)
While serving, add salt, sugar and lemon juice.

______________________________________________________________________________


தேவையான பொருட்கள்:
வெள்ளரிக்காய் - 2 (தோல் உரித்து நறுக்கியது)
வேர்க்கடலை - 2 மேஜைக்கரண்டி (வறுத்து தோல் இல்லாமல்  நன்றாக
நசுக்கியது)
பச்சை மிளகாய் - 3 (நறுக்கியது)
தேங்காய் (துருவியது) - 2 மேஜைக்கரண்டி
கொத்தமல்லி -  (நறுக்கியது)
உப்பு (தேவையான அளவு)
சர்க்கரை - 3/4 தேக்கரண்டி (அல்லது ருசிக்கேற்ப)
எலுமிச்சை சாறு - 1/2 எலுமிச்சை

தாளிக்க:
எண்ணெய் - 1 தேக்கரண்டி
சீரகம் - 1/2 தேக்கரண்டி
கடுகு - 1/2 தேக்கரண்டி
பெருங்காயம் - ஒரு சிட்டிகை

செய்முறை:
ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில் எல்லா பொருட்களையும் கலக்கவும்.
தாளிக்க கொடுத்துள்ள பொருட்களை தாளிக்கவும். சாலட் மீது
ஊற்றவும்.
உடனே பரிமாறவும் (அல்லது) பரிமாறும்போது உப்பு, சர்க்கரை, எலுமிச்சை சாறு
கலக்கவும்.

12 Bites:

lovely and different innovative cucumber salad.

First time here...ur space looks so wonderful and nice collection of receipes...

Salad looks very healthy and delicious !!!!

My daughters and FIL love this one. I am unable to eat cucumbers my hubby dear likes to eat them raw no kosambri for him.

My daughters and FIL love this one. I am unable to eat cucumbers my hubby dear likes to eat them raw no kosambri for him.

healthy and tasty salad Nandhini!!

Firstly, nice to see the recipe in Tamil...good n healthy recipe..
feel happy to follow you..

Easy, healthy and refreshing salad..

Salad looks absolutely fabulous and healthy..

Simple and healthy salad....

I love it's cool effect...Perfect salad for hot days

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

I love cucumbers...especially in salads..looks very delicious..