We get the reddish variety of carrots (and inexpensive too) in this bleak season. This is the traditional Punjabi carrot halwa mainly prepared in the winter season and also in grand and opulent Punjabi weddings.
Ingredients:
Grated carrots - 2.5 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup (or as per taste)
Milk - 2 cups
Khoya (sweetened) - 1/4 cup (grated)
Green cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
Ghee (as needed)
Nuts and raisins
Method:
Add grated carrot in a non-stick pan. Pour milk and cook till the milk evaporates in low flame (this takes a lot of time).
Add the sugar and khoya. Let the sugar melt and allow to cook till it becomes thick.
Meanwhile roast the nuts and raisins (which I didn't add). Add this to the halwa. Add 2 tsp. of ghee and stir till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
Note: Peel the outer skin and grate the carrot.
![]() |
| Carrots |










15 Bites:
looks yummy!
Hi. Carrot halwa in winter is a regular feast, any version of it is always welcome.
FOODELICIOUS
Thats too tempting Nandini! I love it!
Hi Nandhu,
Love carrot halwa...i think i posted this when i started blogging..Love your version...:)
Dr.Sameena@
http://www.myeasytoocokrecipes.blogspot.com
Woww... Looks simply delicious and perfect.. very tempting clicks dear.. thanks for sharing !!
oh wowo!! wow!! so perfect .....looks so Yummy!!!
well no one can resist these...i can have it anytime of the day...
SO yummy & inviting halwa..
Ayoo paathathume yeduthu saapidanam pola irruku Nandini, very tempting..
Delicious and yummy!!
oohh am a fan of those frsh reddishh carrots. yummy
I love gajar ka halwa very much. Looks delicious and mouth watering.
I love gajar ka halwa! Looks so yum!
I love gajar ka halwa! Looks so yum!
beautiful colour and delicious halwa!
Post a Comment