Ingredients:
Flax seed powder - 1/2 cup
Peanuts - 1/4 cup
Chutney dal/Pottukadalai - 1/4 cup
Curry leaves - 20
Tamarind - 1/2 inch
Brown sugar - 1/2 tsp.
Dry red chilli - 6 to 7 chillies
Sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 1/4 tsp.
Method:
Dry roast flax seed meal (till aroma rises), peanuts (till it changes color and remove the skin), sesame seeds, curry leaves (till dry and crisp) each separately. Keep aside to cool.
Fry the chillies in a drop of oil and a pinch of salt.
Powder coarsely all the ingredients except salt.
Finally add the salt and give 2 to 3 pulse.
Store them in an air-tight container.
Serve with dosa or idli by adding sesame oil.
Note:
Flax seed meal - powder the flax seeds.
I reduced the amount of chillies to our taste.
Original recipe here.
Sent off to "T&T-Veg Inspirations" hosted by Saveur and started by Zlamushka.








14 Bites:
wow what a delicious n healthy looking chutney powder...i will try it
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com
Thank yu for your submission to T&T, Usha!
spicy powder..nice click
healthy m yummy.. liked the addition of brown sugar ..
What a wonderful looking chutney powder. I almost can even smell it's aroma from here.
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi
lovely recipe..
lovely and tasty chutney powder.
Healthy powder, looks prefect..
wow looks delicious..
Flax seed powder looks like our paruppu podi! must have been good with the sugar and dosas!
Dear Nandini
I feel good reading your comment at my blog..
I have missed many of your postings..Need to find out what is Flax called in north. I think it is of great taste..I will use a combo of Thai and Rasanpatti chili :-).
Next in my line up is the Plantain - Alu tikii..I love any thing with raw banana/plantain..
Have a niceday
Healthy and spicy accompaniment,looks grt!!
Wow...delicious and healthy powder.
sure, goes well with dosas n idlis
Post a Comment