Recommend it

Feb 28, 2010

Avocado Ice-cream





Ingredients:
Avocado - 2 small (Yielded ¾ cup)
Sugar - 1 cup (or) as per taste
Whole milk - ¾ cup
Heavy cream - 200 ml
Vanilla extract - few drops





















Method:
Deseed and scoop out the flesh of avocado.
Add avocado, sugar, milk in blender and blend.
Make sure sugar dissolves :) .
Combine the cream and vanilla extract.
Freeze them in a covered plastic container or any other container.
Whisk vigorously every hour for 4 to 5 times till the ice cream is set well.
Enjoy!!!!

Sent off to Siri's "Healing Foods: Avocado".

31 Bites:

UN superb ponga, u know wat i prepared avocado ice cream sterday and we had this ice cream of our dessert after having ur lunch...Awesome clicks!!

lovely,simple and healthy icecream

Whata lovely looking icecream!!! Am sure this would have tasted divine! Lovely Click!

Yummy and healthy ice cream dear...

wow what a unique flavour,very nice and yummy

Never heard avocado ice cream. unique for me. looks great and nice shots.

Dear nandini
Another great one from you and the click too.
Happy holi

i have already tasted it but neve cooked it yet !! thanks for hte recipe !pierre

Ice-cream without ice-cream machine! Sounds and looks nice and easy.

I never tried avocado in dessert...looks very creamy and tasty Usha :)

Wow this looks fabulous and so very tempting !

That looks so professional...Just like the store bought ones...Too good Usha :-)

aha, that looks so good. nice color and is tempting :)

ah the ice cream looks so yummy and creamy!

What a lovely ice cream..while I am reading your post I showed it to my maid, who is white and she said she has seen in restaurant!! New for me..looks great..trying out very soon!!

Very unique and very yummy!

Oh My!!! that looks terrific and yummy....excellent click as always :)

WOW very unique icecream... looks so good.

Just wanted to let you know that the My Legume Love Affair 20 roundup is now live. Thank you for submitting your awesome recipes.

Oooo..Now that is one flavor I wont miss. Lovely clicks.

Wish you and your family a very Happy Holi.
Avocado ice-cream looks yummy, tempting and wonderful.

Avacado in icecream, thats brilliant... Looks so perfect!!! nice color!!!

Never thought of making avocado icecream.Nice idea dear!!!

Ooooooh I LOVE avocado that 2 ice cream..yum, and that one looks absolutely delicious! I am bookmarking this one!!!!

Never have tried this ... I'm going to try this soon usha.. Superb Clicks !!

Hi UN, such a lovely ice-cream dear. Where did u manage to get Avocados, I have been looking out for them.

Bookmarked this! Even though its cold outside, this looks so tempting.

The scoops look very professional; will try this.

such an unusually good combo with all that butteriness from the avocados,yumm :-)