Ingredients:
Beet root - 1/2 kg (boiled & grated)
Semiya - 1 cup
Milk powder - 1 to 1 1/4 cups
Sugar - 2 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
Cashew nuts - 10
Raisins - 10
Ghee - 2 tbsp.
Method:
Roast the semiya, boil them and grind them. Keep aside.
Add 4 cups of warm water to milk powder (now we can call this milk).
Heat 1 1/2 tbsp. of ghee in a pan.
Add the beetroot and fry for 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of water.
Add the sugar and stir well to dissolve.
Now add the ground semiya and mix well.
Add the milk little by little and stir well.
Add the cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Adapted from Lakshmi Nair.
Note:
Eat when it is warm or cold.
I added only 2 cups of sugar.







38 Bites:
Yumm!!!!!just love it!!!
looks yummy!!
Beautiful colour,and completely new dish to me,lovely way to use beetroots this way
Thanks Sushma! My family enjoyed it!
Wow Nandini..very yummilicious and colorful payasam :)
First time here.lovely color and new to me..
So tempting and colorful.
Never thought of making kheer with beets...sounds n looks delish...hav to try...
awesome.. :)..u r so innovative :)
This is really delicious and nice color too....
very innovative dish nandhini
looks mouthwatering
Thank you so much all of you!
wow..what an yummy idea..love it....thank you dear
Payasam looks yummy!...
Thanks Shama and Valar.
amazing....very colourful payasam...thanks for sharing
Dear Nandini
I cant imagine a beet root payasam is possible , never thought of it...a must try, I love sweet.
and of course great treat on the musical , I like the song of Ghazani, even if i dont understand a single word. I have only 2 tamil songs in my collection, this one and a very old one from a movie " Mouna ragam" ( I have the movie too in my collection and no subtittle, but watch it often )
But you need to change settings for comments...for example when I am clicking to comment , the comment page appears and the song stops...pl do some thing
have a nice week
It looks like halwa what a pretty color!
Wow, i simply love the color, am a new blogger, do visit my space
Hello sir! I've configured the comments' settings. This is the only setting without opening a new web page. BTW, do you want me translate the song in English in the next post? Keep visiting! :3
@ Cham: LOL! This isn't halwa. It's payasam with vermicelli added.
@ PS: Welcome to the blogosphere of the blog world!
Love the color of beetroot payasam. I do not like beetroot,now I can made a yummy dish out of beets
wat a gorgeous color!!!
Beetroot payasam sounds interesting...
Lovely colour must give a try :-)
Hi UN, what lovely colour of the payasam, looks so good and a good way to use the beet.
@ Padhu: Do try the payasam! Waiting for feedback!
@ Aruna Manikandan: Of surely try this and give me feedback!
@ Pari: Thanks!
Awesome!!!!! Love the color and presentation too...
Nandini, Please collect the awards from my blog. Congrats!
Never tried payasam with beetroot..Looks very colourful...
Terrific kheer...lovely red hue :-)
Nandini,
I love beetroot not only because of it's nutritious value but for it's dark rich colour also. But never thought of beetroot payasam!!! Fantastic presentation and love the colour too.
Thanks a lot for visiting my space. Hope to see you more there:-)
Deepa
@ Sarah N: Thanks.
@ Madhuri: Thanks.
@ Tina: Do try the payasam!
@ Gulmohar: Thanks.
@ H. Rasoi: Thank you very much!
Payasam looks so yummy and colourful
This looks colorful and Yumm.
Instantly thought it's kesari !! Lovely color !! truly innovative.
Dear Nandini
Saw your note ..That will be great if you could send the translation of the song ...I can now hear the songs while typing ..thanks
have a nice day
Nice idea adding beetroot.healthy payasam for kids
Post a Comment