Ingredients:
Coriander seeds - 1/2 cup
Peppercorn - 1 tbsp.
Urad dal - 2 tsp.
Chana dal - 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
Asafoetida- 1 small cube
Salt - as required
Sesame oil (to fry) - 2 tsp.
Method:
Fry all the ingredients one by one in sesame oil till they turn golden color except salt.
Cool them.
Powder them after adding salt.
Store them in an air-tight container.
Enjoy with hot steaming rice mixed with sesame oil.
RB
Sent off to "CWS-Coriander Seeds" hosted by RV (started by Priya).







16 Bites:
Today seems to be a podi day for everbody, I just now posted a podi recipe and found that Priya also posted a different podi recipe, and now I see yours...great minds think alike :) this podi sounds flavorful Nandini, will try this soon.
I can smell the flavor of dhaniya podi here. I can't cook anything without this podi.
tasty podi...my mom will do it in a slightly different way....will hear from her and post her version soon
I didn't taste this one, sounds very aromatic!
wow looks fresh and full of flavours..
Its new to me...Sounds delicious and aromatic...
Such a flavourful podi, i would like to have anytime with rice and sesame oil...yumm!!
woww..looks so good..i never made this before..now i m tempted to make :)
V too make this...gr8 post...
That's looks perfect. multi use for any sabzis or breakfast
Homemade powders are the best !
Never tried this podi so far' just that plain paruppu podi' this is new to me, wish to try in future...
Healthy and a delicious Podi recipe.
Great entry. I love the coriander/dhaniya flavor in dishes. Nice podi recipe.
naiccee... would love to have this with rice and ghee :)
Never had this before. But I know how strong coriander seed is, must be tasty !!
Post a Comment