Ingredients:
Chicken - 1/2 kg (cut into bite size)
Spinach - 1 small bunch
Onion - 1 cup (chopped)
Tomato - 1 (pureed)
Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
Bay leaves - 2
Cream - 1/4 cup
Oil
Salt - as required
Coriander leaves - 1 small bunch
Dry Red chilies - 1
Kasoori methi - 1 pinch
(A)Marinating chicken:
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp.
Yogurt - 1 tbsp.
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp.
Salt - 2 pinch
(B)To Grind:
Green chilies - 2
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 2 big cloves
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Green cardamom - 2
Black cardamom - 1 (small)
Nutmeg powder - 1 pinch
Cloves - 2
Cloves - 2
Method:
Marinate the chicken from list (A). Keep aside and do the chopping.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add onions and fry till they turn golden color.
Add the ground paste (B), bay leaves and fry till raw smell fades.
Add the half broken red chilies and tomato puree. Fry till it thickens.
Add the chicken and sauté for 4 minutes.
Add the coriander powder, salt and kasoori methi. Cook till the chicken becomes tender.
Meanwhile blanch the spinach and puree them with coriander leaves.
Once the chicken is tender, add the spinach and coriander leaves puree and cook for 2-4 minutes.
Add the cream and remove from heat.
Serve with naan or roti.
Adding cream is optional.







34 Bites:
interesting and new chicken dish...very new with spinach in chicken...
Palak murgh looks awesome UN..Never tried with chicken, time to try out..Beautiful click..
This is my hubbys fav recipe..Whenever i get spinach, he forces me to make this
My fav chicken curry...looks mouthwatering
Thanks Rekha Shoban!
Thanks Priya! Do try this!
Thanks Soma! Do try my version also!
Thanks Vrinda! Our family's favorite too!
Nice recipe..looks so yummy!!
Thanks Sarah!
wow...now thats soemthing a must try :)..look so yummyy.... i havent tried this one till now now i gotta try :)
Thanks Neetz! Do try this one!
for one reason or the other we never took chciken for a month...you are tempting me to have it right bnow..delicious
Thanks Shama! You can have it! :)
Healthy dish...
Thanks Tina!
Awesome chicken..great click too :-)
interesting to mix chicken and spinach, looks very delicious...
Nice colour usha,i love this combo:)
I ve tasted only in restaurant! Looks very tasty and got to try!
Excellent combo nandini,i have not tried it yet.Just wishing i could have a roti now with me so that i can taste the gravy right away.Tempting click.
Lovely curry and great pics!!
dear nandini great spinach gravy
cheers
Thanks Gulmohar, Sushma & Varunavi!
Thanks San & Cham!
Thanks Jagruti and Pierre!
Sure, you can send this for the spinach event!
i posted the vegetarian version on my blog..yours look perfect
Thanks Divya & Preety!
I have never tried this combination before Nandini...looks very rich and creamy...lovely clicks da :)
Wow they look tasty !! I never had this before, love to have it with naan !!
Nandini,
This was awesome. I am a vegetarian but picky-choosy family loved it totally.
They are still talking about it and raving even as I write to you....!
God bless you. I googled and found 7 recipes for palak chicken (family wanted palak in chicken) I read them cursorily... not very sure... then came to yours and intuitively knew this was going to be hit.'
And it was!
Nandini,
This was awesome. I am a vegetarian but picky-choosy family loved it totally.
They are still talking about it and raving even as I write to you....!
God bless you. I googled and found 7 recipes for palak chicken (family wanted palak in chicken) I read them cursorily... not very sure... then came to yours and intuitively knew this was going to be hit.'
And it was!
Nandini,
This was awesome. I am a vegetarian but picky-choosy family loved it totally.
They are still talking about it and raving even as I write to you....!
God bless you. I googled and found 7 recipes for palak chicken (family wanted palak in chicken) I read them cursorily... not very sure... then came to yours and intuitively knew this was going to be hit.'
And it was!
Post a Comment