
You might have noticed, just from reading the recipes you get a feeling that it must be really good. You will be tempted to try it immediately and have it.
Well, I saw this oats burger recipe when I was raiding my own collection for something original and satisfying. I immediately felt the urge to try this and really, I must say, it came out superb and my family loved it and kept asking for more. Trust me, even kids will annoy the patience out of you to make something like this if they get that feeling I mentioned in the above lines…
Ingredients:
Patty
Oats - 1 cup + more for coating
Potatoes - 4 (boiled & grated)
Bottle gourd - 1 cup (grated & squeeze well)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Oil - 2 tbsp.
Oregano - ½ tsp.
Salt (to taste)
Pepper powder - ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder - ½ tsp.
Capsicum - 1 (chopped)
I used half red and half yellow capsicum
For burger:
Burger buns - 4
Lettuce leaves
Tomato slices - few
Thick curd - 6 tbsp.
Method:
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions. Fry till it changes to golden color.
2. Add 1 cup of oats and mix well . Cook for a minute.
3. Add lauki and capsicum and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add salt, oregano, red chilli powder and pepper. Mix well.
5. Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Make balls and shape them into round patties.
8. Spread the oats in a plate.
9. Coat the patty with the oats on both sides (If oats doesn’t coat lightly dip the patty in water for a second and coat the oats by pressing it over the patty).
10. Keep in a fridge for 10 minute.
11. Shallow fry the patties in a non-stick pan with little oil.
12. Remove when it is brown and crispy.
13. Cut the buns into half and saute in a little oil or butter.
14. Spread the curd on the bases of the bun. Place the lettuce leaves. Place a hot patty on it and spread the curd. Arrange a slice of tomato and sprinkle little salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Sent off to Srilekha's "EFM-Oats Series" event.






24 Bites:
yummy, delicious and healthy burger dear............
wat a healthy burger dear...
Kalakuringa Nandini...Oats burger paathathume pasikuthu..oats patties supera irrunthu irrukum illa..Yea i have seen Aadhavan..after kamal, suriya than ippothaiya yenga veetula favourite actor, yennoda ponnukagave theatrela poy paathutu vanthom, btw are you in facebook??..
what a superb click..too tempting...one burger for u and another for me right?..lol....looks so delicious just like mc burger...
Very attractive, healthy & delicious burger.Lovely presentation with yummy picture.
Wow...looks delicious & healthy
Delicious, delicious burgers, Nanidni!Add healthy too:)
Delicious and healthy burger.... and lovely click absolutely very inviting :)
tempting click..mouth watering recipe
Healthy and yummy burger Nandini...very innovative recipe....
That is on healthy version of burgers..
sounds very healthy...nice pic too..:-)
Looks nice and delicious ..Healthy tooo...
Gorgeous burger that too with oats ,great.
I cant agree any more with u..I havent gotten down to making patties/ burgers at home..I shud soon..ur post is more than enuf to tempt me
Coating with oats gives a nice crispy crunch! Lovely recipe!
healthy burgers ! Looks great too...
Sounds very healthy...picture luks great.
Wow.. delicious burger.. looks tempting. Picture is perfect!
wow, mouth-watering burger. looks absolutely delicious.
Fantastic nandini..so heathly and looks very inviting!
Feeling to grab that burger from the screen.U said it right feeling tempted :)
Finally! A healthy burger recipe~ I'm so excited!
Healthy & tasty one,Romba nalla erruku
Post a Comment