Ingredients:
Okra - 300 gm
Onions - 2 (sliced)
Tomatoes - 2 (deseeded and sliced)
Green chillies - 3 (slit)
Garlic - 4 big pods (chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
Oil - 1 tbsp.
Salt (to taste)
Amchur/Dry Mango Powder - 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 2 pinch
Method:
Wash and pat dry the okra. Make vertical slits and cut into halves.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
When they splutter, add the onions and saute till translucent.
Add garlic pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes without burning.
Add tomatoes and saute till soft.
Add green chillies, salt, turmeric powder and okra.
Saute for 5 minutes. Don't add water.
When the okra release oil, add amchur powder and mix well. Remove from heat.
Enjoy as a side dish.
Source: hamaree rasoi
Sent off to Priya and aipi's "Bookmarked Recipes-Every Tuesday" event.








22 Bites:
okra looks delicious dear....
They look the same as in her blog
Hi Nandini I'm honored that you have considered this simple recipe to be posted on your own blog. liked the addition of mustard seeds here. your clicks looks even better than mine.
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi
tempting okra..nice picture
Hey,
Looks great dear with onion...:)
Dr.Sameena@
http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/
simple and tasty recipe ... superb click make it look tastier : )
Satya
Super Yummy Recipes
I love okra and this looks yummm!!!!
looks very very tempting can I have a quick grab?
Such a delicious curry,beautiful click..
My favourite dish and goes well with any dish........u have a lovely bog.following u
fantastic click..mouth watery recipe..
Tasty Appetite
tempting okra....lovely!!
Looks perfect' wanna try this for sure.
yummy recipe...
Yum,nice to have this with roti
I love okra cooked in any way. Your okra stir fry looks very delicious.
Simple and delicious Okra, Happy Pongal!
hello nandini I have ssen okras yestereday at the frech market !!I should have bought some !!Pierre
Love your space! amazing pulao recipe!
Looks very appetizing!
tempting okra......i lov okra...this is worth to try!
One of my all time fav and your looks yum...nice pic
My last post was a similar recipe :) Yours looks delicious!
Post a Comment