Recommend it

Sep 28, 2010

Beans Poricha Kootu


Ingredients:
Beans - 250 gm (chopped)
Moong dal - 1/3 cup
Salt (to taste)
Turmeric powder - 2 pinches

To grind:
Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp.
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp.
Whole dry red chillies - 3
Peppercorns - 1/4 tsp.
Channa dal - 1 tsp.
Urad dal - 1 tsp.
Asafoetida - a teeny weeny pinch.
Oil



For Tadka:
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
Urad dal - 1 tsp.
Channa dal - 1 tsp.
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil



Method:
1. Boil dal and beans in a pressure cooker separately.
2. Add oil in a kadai and fry channa dal, urad dal, peppercorns, coriander seeds, coconut pieces, red chillies and asafoetida by adding one by one till golden color. Cool and powder them.
3. Add this powder to the dal and beans. Mix well. Add turmeric powder and salt also. Cook in low flame for 3 to 4 minutes by stirring in between.
4. Prepare the tempering and pour over kootu. Mix well.  Remove from heat. Serve as a side dish for rice.

13 Bites:

Hi. The kootu looks scrumptious. I am feelng so lazy to cook anything today, if only I could grab that bowl. LOL.
FOODELICIOUS

never tried beans kootu...very interesting nandini...nice click!

Wow! I love kootu! Kalakkitinga ponga! Suvaiyo suvai!

kootu looks very delicious nandini ...love this combo

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

delicious..love your presentation always :)

US Masala

Sounds great usha..never tried beans kootu so far..will give a try..:)

Kootu looks yummy and love that thick constitency..yumm!

i am going to try this beans kootu today.. it looks yummy..

nice narration. keep it up

-prasanna

Wow...wonderful receipe..Turned out the way i wanted and it was awesome..thanks for the recipie...Regards Nandhini

I have done this poricha kootu so many times, and every time I visit your site for receipe. Good one.

Regards
Nandhini