A very simple and easy payasam. I didn't add any water instead I cooked poha with milk. Due to fog, I couldn't get clear shots.
Ingredients:
Aval/poha/red beaten rice - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 and a 1/2 cup (Amul toned - 2% fat)
Sugar (granulated) - 1/3 cup (or as per taste)
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew nuts - 12
Raisins - 10
Ghee - 1/2 tsp.
Method:
Pour the milk in a pan and keep it on low flame.
Bring the milk to boil. Stir. Continue till the milk is reduced to 2 cups. Remove from flame and pour it into another bowl.
Meanwhile wash the poha in a strainer. Keep aside.
Melt the ghee in a pan.
Add the cashews and start roasting.
When the cashews are half-roasted, add the raisins and continue frying.
When the raisins become puffed up and cashews roasted, remove and keep them on a plate.
I cleaned the milk pan and placed it on stove in low flame. Strain the milk and pour it into the pan.
Add the poha and mix. Cook it for 5 minutes. Once they become soft, add the sugar and mix well. Bring it to boil.
Add the roasted cashews and raisins. Mix.
Add the cardamom powder and mix. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.
Note: As I have used thin poha, I didn't soak them in water. Washing was enough to make them soft.
When the payasam gets cold, the poha will absorb the milk and the payasam becomes thick.



















3 Bites:
wow its so tempting...
KAJU FLOWER
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
My favourite payasam... can have a bowl of this sweet treat right now..:)
Reva
Creamy and yummy payasam
Post a Comment