Recommend it

Mar 29, 2011

Fried Moong Dal with Murmure (Puffed Rice)



My sharp eyes captured this recipe in a cookery show when I was rounding around different TV channels. I made this snack the next day. I prepared 2 batches - 1/2 cup of moong dal each. One batch took 10 minutes and the other 8 minutes (Time varies according to the type/power of microwave). We usually consume puffed rice as a regular snack whenever in stock. This time we added the moong dal. My family loved this snack and enjoyed it very well.

Ingredients:
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Pori/Puffed Rice/Murmure - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 ( chopped)
Garlic - 3 pods (crushed)
Kashmiri Red chilli - 1/2 tsp.
Salt (to taste)
Coriander leaves - few
Turmeric powder - a pinch

Method:
Soak moong dal for 5 hours or overnight. Strain and let the dal sit in strainer for 5 minutes.
In a microwave container (I used corningware) spread the moong dal.
Mix red chilli and salt.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Remove the lumps with a spoon and stir well.
Continue till the dal becomes crispy (you can hear the clinging/kala-kala noise)
Break the lumps every 2 minutes.
Once they are crispy, remove and keep aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile saute the crushed garlic till golden color.
Mix all remaining ingredients with moong dal and toss well.
Serve immediately.


Note:
In step 6, I'm not so good in guessing onomatopoeiac words, but at least it makes that sound when mixing.



Sent off to "Kurinji's HRH-2 Puffed Rice" event.

13 Bites:

This snack sounds definitely guiltfree, i dont bother to munch them for my snacks with a cup of tea..

Very simple and delicious snack.. Looks super delicious !!
Indian Cuisine

interesting snack.....nice click!

hmmmmmmmm! lovely can I grab the entire bowl of murmure?

Healthy and very interesting snack. Thanks for link with my event.

nice combination of fried moong and murmure!!!

Excellent snack. Very innovative. Would Love to prepare it during this weekend.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Looks tasty and guiltfree snack..

Oh, I love puff rice in any form and this looks delicious!

Sounds interesting and looks lovely