![]() |
| Unique sizes of mysore pak |
Sugar - 1 cup (or as per taste)
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Method:
Sieve the gram flour and keep ready on a plate near the cooking stove.
In a small pan mix ghee and oil. Place on a small burner and let it simmer.
In a thick, heavy-bottomed pan, add sugar and water (1/4 cup). Bring it to one-string consistency.
When you drop the syrup (few drops) in a small bowl of water, it should form a soft ball and when you remove it from the water, it should break.
Now add the gram flour little by little and start to mix the besan in the syrup without any lumps simultaneously.
When the besan is finished, add hot ghee-oil mixture little by little. Stir the besan continuously.
When the ghee-oil mixture is finished, keep on stirring the mixture until it leaves the sides of the pan and becomes dry.
Pour the mixture immediately on a greased plate.
Cut it in desired shape in the 4th or 5th minute.
Important Note:
Before preparing, grease a plate with ghee.
Simmer the ghee-oil mixture in a separate bowl.
During the right sugar consistency, add the besan little by little and mix well.
At the final stage, the colour changes.
As per your taste, you can add ghee without any oil.
The cooking procedure should be done on low-flame otherwise the besan will get burnt.
While cooking lot of froth are noticeable.









25 Bites:
mysore pak looks so wonderful nandini..beautiful color n texture ...lovely
Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com
Wow! Wow! Looks so good, tempting my tastebuds. It's really very hard for me to get the mysorepak at right texture like this, you have got it perfectly.
Hi Nandhu,
That looks amazing dear...send me a parcel!!:)
Dr.Sameena@
www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
mysore pak looks perfect dear!
Delicious and yummmm....Very tempting pics :)
Lavanya
www.lavsblog.com
I totally agree with Umm, i never get them prefectly..prefect looking mysore pak..
Dear Nandini
Dussera greetings to you !
How are you? I was bit tied up hence cd not read any of your recent postings.
I love Mysore pak...but I have failed 100% of the time I tried it. I always ended up with a rock hard piece with oil flowing out of the mix...ha ha
So I buy and eat. May be when my wife is not around , I will try again...
let me see what all you have cooked
have a nice week
Perfect size and texture...looks so good,just like the one available in sweet shops...so yummy...
oh my!!! it looks so perfect and mouthwatering!!!
lovely mouth watering mysorepak.
wow what a mysore pak... looks superb... tell me truly... you didnt get from any shop right.... just kidding dear...
I love mysore pak and these look so tempting, Nandini.
i have always feared in making Mysore pak, you got them just perfect, kudos!
awasome looking mysore pak..feeling liking grabbing some!!color and texture are beautiful..
Looks super delicious.
looks yum... wow !
Mysore Pak Looks simply mouthwatering. Excellent preparation.
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi
Yummy recipe.... beautiful and correct texture...
Wow these are perfect !!
Nandini dear..so tempting mysore pak..mouth watering..
BTW r u on FB ?? if what is ur profile name..My is "Esther Warina"..send me an invite..luv to be friend w/ you
That looks excellent!
Mysore pak looks superb ,my mom always made it for Diwali...
Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com
one of my favourite sweet..yummy
Delicious mysore pak. So perfect.
Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran,
http://indianyummykitchen.blogspot.com
Wat a fantastic click, my hubby all time fav..looks perfect & fab!!
Post a Comment