Ingredients:
Sundakkai/Turkey berries - 1 cup
Shallots - 10-15 (peeled and sliced)
Garlic - 10-12 cloves (small)
Tamarind - Indian lemon size
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
Salt - to taste
Sesame oil
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
To powder:
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Method:
Soak tamarind in 2 cups of water.
Crush the berries with mortar and pestle.
Wash the berries 2 to 3 times to remove seeds.
Heat oil and add garlic.
Fry till they turn golden.
Add the shallots and fry till they change color.
Add berries and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add turmeric, chilli, coriander powder and saute for a minute.
Add the tamarind juice, a cup of water, salt and mix well.
Meanwhile, dry roast the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds.
Powder them.
Once the berries are cooked (at this stage the gravy's thickened), add the powder and mix well.
After 2 minutes, remove from heat.
Serve with white rice.
Sent off to "CWS-Cumin Seeds" (hosted by Saraswathi Iyer and started by Priya).







20 Bites:
i love this kulambu..nice click
Looks delicious. I had some dried Sundakkai, didn't cook with it.
Usually we prepare kuzhambu with the dried one, with fresh sundakkai, kuzhambu pakkurathuke superaa irruku...Thanks Nandini for the tips, naan nenachen egg omelet panni add pannalam'nu i was bit lazy after cutting all those chappathis, athan scrambled eggaa panniten..next time will do as u said...Naan thappave yeduthuka maten u know, ungala madhri idea yaru kodupa:)sollunga..
looks awesome, just love the colour,would be so perfect with hot steamed rice..
Delicious....
Hullo PAL,
I love giveaways , as muc as u do!!!!
So Am also here to tell u something interesting!!!
SUper giveaway at this link...psst psst, am sure u love LE CRUESET ,dont ya?
Well its jus one of the goodies u can chose:-))))
http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-1st-sunshine-giveaway-thanxxx-aton.html
end05/14
and a few pans and cutters too...baking is fun aint it...
http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-poemes-on-mothers-day365-jam.html
ends05/28
Delicious kulambu....looks yumm
I love this kuzumbu dear...I have only dried sundaikais with me here...kuzumbu with fresh green ones looks so tempting and tasty :)
mmm. looks so good Usha! Yum!!
Wow Looks delicious Nandini. Never used turkey berries. I shoud find this soon
Sundakka in that green color makes me nostalgic. Very authentic kulambu dear...you have made it excellent. Nice one.
goes well with naan or cumin rice..delicious
Whenever I get the turkey berry I make this kozhambu! Good one!
Lovely Recipe dear
wow!i love dis very much...curry looks very thick and spicy!
One of my fav, love this....looks so delcious.
Nandhini, first time in ur blog. Loved your recipe collection. I made this few weeks before. The picture looks perfect and delicious :)
Nandhini, nice sundaikai kulambhu enakku rombha pidicha puli kulambhu inga intha kaai kidaikirathilla pa ,,nalla ennai mithakka sundaikkai anga inga theriya yeppa super ah irukku enakku echil ooooruthu paa...
Nandhini, nice sundaikai kulambhu enakku rombha pidicha puli kulambhu inga intha kaai kidaikirathilla pa ,,nalla ennai mithakka sundaikkai anga inga theriya yeppa super ah irukku enakku echil ooooruthu paa...
I know of the dried version.This sounds delicious!
I so much wanted to try this when i was in chennei..don't think we get sundakkai here..ur kuzhambu looks tempting..
Post a Comment