Recommend it

May 26, 2009

Capsicum Chutney


Ingredients:
Red capsicum - 1 (diced)
Onion - 1/2 (diced)
Garlic - 5 cloves
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Whole dry red chili - 5
Coconut (grated) - 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
Tamarind - 1 teaspoon
Jaggery little (optional)
Oil for frying

Seasoning:
Mustard seeds - 2 pinch
Cumin seeds - 2 pinch
Urad dal - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil for seasoning

Method:
Dry roast the peanuts and remove the skin.
Soak the tamarind with little water (this softens the tamarind).
Fry the red chilli individually.
Fry the onion, garlic and red capsicum.
In a blender, add the peanuts, coconut, onion, red chili, tamarind with water, capsicum, garlic and salt.
Grind them.
If required, add jaggery and grind (optional).
Finally, season the chutney.
Serve with whatever you desire.

21 Bites:

Yummy n colorful chutney....love to have with dosas :)

The chutney looks great! Love the addition of peanuts too :)

hmm the capsicum chutney looks very yummy...nice color too..

very different and bice recipe! You have a cool blog!

I ve my version too, love the caps chutney with idlis!

Wow this is new to me..never thought of making capsicum chutney..very unusual dear :)

Never heard of it! I want that bowl! :)

Oh wow bell pepper chutney that too with hot ans yum coloured one...Looks spicy and yum...

Flavourful chutney...am ready to two more idlies with this chutney...Lovely colour!

Never knew abt capsicum chutney..this is real cool...

never tried capsicum chutney..This is in my try list..Urs is lookin perfect!!

hi usha,
wowie! never made chutney with capsicum, sounds yummy and something new, thanks for the recipe.
TC

wow nice and colorful chutney

colorful and yummy chutney..

Hi Usha Nandini( I like ur name)
first time here. the chutney is clicked so well. I have my own version of it in my blog.The watermelon jam looks yum

Wow Wow Wow amazing chutney and a neat one too... love the color, I love the aroma of Capsicum when made as a chutney it should taste great!!!

Spicy chutney,lot like the peanut chutney I make, only tastier with capsicum:)

The chutney looks great! sure it tastes great cos of capsicum flavour i love this

mouth-watering Usha.......it looks so beautiful!

Looks Yummy Usha...never thot of using capsicum in chutney.Thanks for sharing this recipe:)

I have never made chutney with capsicum .. this does look very good