Recommend it

Feb 15, 2009

Chocolate Custard

My daughter loves any chocolate food. So I was contemplating a dessert for her. I wanted the recipe to be simple and quick with chocolate as the main ingredient. And then I came across this recipe from a site. I tried the recipe with no twists. The dessert turned out really good. She was so happy and enjoyed it. So guys, I hope you will also love this when you try this recipe!


Ingredients:
Milk - ¼ cup
Bitter-sweet chocolate (chopped or grated) - 3 ounces/85grams
Egg yolk - 1
Softened butter - 2 tablespoons
Heavy cream - ½ cup
Cinnamon Powder - a pinch
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 3 tablespoons


Preparation:
In a small sauce pan, pour milk in a sauce pan and steam it in medium flame by stirring continuously.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Add 2 table spoons of sugar and dissolve it.
Then include the egg yolk and whisk.
In a bowl, use the strainer to filter the mixture.
Again pour this mixture into another saucepan and keep it in low flame.
Begin the stirring process till it thickens.
Remove from heat, immediately add the chopped chocolate.
Whisk till smooth.
Then include softened butter with a pinch of salt and mix well.
Pour this custard into flat cups and let them cool in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl add heavy cream, the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar, a pinch of cinnamon powder and beat till mixture softens.
Dollop the cream over chocolate and garnish it with shredded chocolate.
Serve it cold.

Tip: You can make the custard a previous night, refrigerate and make the cream on next day.

3 Bites:

Chocolate Custard looks very delicious

Wow it looks yummylicious, tempting and alluring....

Hey picture is so good and tempting