Before my marriage, I used to be picky about certain meals. As I'm the only child of my parents, I'd be showered with love and attention all the time. If I find something that dis-interests me, I'd avoid it. My parents wouldn't coerce me at all in the first place. The vermicelli falls into this category. Whenever my mother prepared semiya payasam, I'd never eat it.
After my marriage, I found out to my surprise that my hubby never liked it too. But up till now, there is a slight hesitation to eat semiya in my house.
Coming back to today's recipe, semiya kesari is the simplest and the easiest kesari among kesaris. Me and my children ate only less amount of kesari. 75% of this sweet was gobbled by my hubby :)
Ingredients:
Semiya/Vermicelli - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup (or as per taste)
Hot water - 2 cups
Cashew nuts - 10
Raisins - 12
Green cardamom powder - 2 pinches
Food colour - 2 pinches (optional)
Ghee - 2 tsp.
Method:
Heat 1 tsp. of ghee and roast the cashews and raisins. Remove the nuts and raisins.
In the same pan, roast the semiya till it changes to golden colour.
Mix food colour to the hot water.
Now pour the hot water carefully and give the mixture a stir.
Cover and cook. Stir in between.
When the water dries up (The semiya is cooked at this stage). Add sugar.
When the semiya becomes thick, add roasted cashews, raisins, cardamom powder and the remaining 1 tsp. of ghee and mix well.
When the semiya starts to leave the sides of the pan, remove from heat.
Serve warm.
Note:
Saffron strands can be added.
Add sugar according to taste.








12 Bites:
Its easy to put together but tastes delicious
yummy looking kesari...
which is my most favorite kesari... grab it from here...
Today's Recipe - Milk Powder Peda - 100th Post
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
looks too delicious
We are opposite to you, we just love anything with semiya..
Super delicious kesari.
I love semiya in all forms..dh is a hater..so are my kids..kesari looks yumm
Keasri looks so tasty and yummy !!
Love this semiya kesari. My aunt is kesari specialist in my house.
easy preparation and tasty dish..
yummy looking tempting kesari...
This look absolutely delicious..Love the grainy texture..
Simple and Delicious! First time here. Loved it.
Post a Comment