Recommend it

Jun 1, 2009

Mango Thuvaiyal


Ingredients:

Raw Mango - 1 (BIG)
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Whole Dry Red chilies - 8
Ginger - 2 inches
Asafetida- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sesame oil

Seasoning:
Oil
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 4

Method:
Cut the mango into pieces without the seed.
Cut the ginger into pieces.
Heat oil in a pan.
To the oil, add urad dal and fry till golden brown color. Remove the urad dal and keep it in a separate bowl and let it cool.
In the same pan, add the mango pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.
Again add the ginger, whole red chili, asafetida and fry separately.
I grinded the urad dal, red chilli and asafetida in a spicegrinder.
Then I added mango pieces, ginger, salt and grinded by adding sesame oil (in a blender). Don't add water.
Finally mix all or add the ground urad dal mix in the blender with mango mix and run for few minutes.
Finally, season the thuvaiyal.
It's a good side dish for curd rice or whatever you like!

And I thank Madhumati, Parita, Padma for this nice award! I love your blogs too!
Plus, this recipe is sent to the mango mela event.

43 Bites:

Congrats on ur award :)
Yummy thuvayal and nice entry for the event Usha.

Yummy and tangy thuvaiyal looks too good!

Yummy one Usha..Nice click..

Congrats on the award..chutney looks nice..

Never heard about it before...By seeing the title and the picture I started drooling..

Congrats on your award, yum thuvaiyal.

I love ur blog too!!! COngrats on ur award dear, well deserved, wish u more in future.

Btn Mango thuvaiyal...yummm! I can never find one here, miss it!

I love ur blog too!!! COngrats on ur award dear, well deserved, wish u more in future.

Btn Mango thuvaiyal...yummm! I can never find one here, miss it!

Congrats on the award :) Yummy mango thuvaiyal Usha. Perfect entry too :)

Congrats on the award.my mom makes it with a little bit of coconut and this is a diff one to it.This will be good with rice and ghee.

It was delicious! I tried the recipe! Please post more delicious recipes!

Congrats on ur award and love mango thogayal ..looking so good.

nice dish .. Iam sure this goes great with rice

have never tried this..a new recipe on bookamrk

very nice dear... been thinking of doing this.. looks great!

Congrats on the award Usha, after all the thuvaiyal and chutney this looks different I guess its the way you made them!!! cant wait to try them!!!

Thogayal looks yum, never tried thogayal with mango , sounds interesting !

Congrats on your award dear!
Lovely dish.... Very unique to me...

Can you pass the Thuvaiyal to me.:)
Yummy one.

Thogayal is another way to eat raw mango!

Congrats on ur award and thuvaiyal looks yummy......

Congrats on your award dear..truly derserve it..this dish looks very tasty..would go grt with dosas..

Hey Usha Congrats on deserved award.

Thuvaiyal looks delicious

A thuvaiyal with mango sounds interesting. Gonna try it soon:)

Congrats on ur award and thuvaiyal looks yum

congrats on ur award..wish u get more..mango thuvayal looks yumm..new to me:)

Nice dish.. looks yummy.. :)

wow tangy mango chutney ummm ginger in it interesting lovely chutney yum yum

Oh wow simple and yum recipes.....

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Thanks Nandini. I enjoyed India truly, even though it was Summer and all that goes with it! :)

Have a fun time, see you in Fall.

This is a nice way to use Raw mango, I only how to make gojju. Thuvaiyal sounds good.

You have some great recipes on your site and it would be great if you could share them at FoodShoutOut.com
FoodShoutOut.com is a place for people to discover and share great indian recipes from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, FoodShoutOut.com surfaces the best stuff as voted on by users.

Congrats on ur award :).. yummy recipe.. looks perfect :)

u haventposted in a whie..is everything ok?

I want mine with some rice!

Congrats on the award!

Hi dear, its been long since your last post, would have written you an email but couldnt find your email id so adding a comment, hope you are doing good?

Nandini, pls collect ur award at my blog.

The chutney looks simply superb!Nice one Usha.

Looks great. Will surely try it soon !

wow ur mango thuvaiyal looks appetising and mouth watering and yummy. I am going to try it out soon. You can visit my blog and view my recipes and give ur comments

Congrats on ur award Usha, thuvaiyal looks nice.I love mangoes,Will try it soon.

good to see you have made it public again...had a request on accessing this recipe too..:)